CBHOF Nomination Info
Colorado Badminton Hall of Fame Guidelines
The Colorado Badminton Hall of Fame (CBHOF) is dedicated to recognizing, honoring, and permanently memorializing the most outstanding Colorado Badminton players and contributors.
1. The nominee must have played and/or participated in Colorado Badminton for a minimum of five years.
2. The nominee must be at least 45 years of age at the time of nomination for living players.
1. The nominee must have demonstrated outstanding play by consistently winning tournaments (i.e., state, local, and national/international) over numerous years. Trophies, magazine or newsletter articles, or concurring memory recall by peers will suffice as proof of tournament results.
1. The nominees must have promoted Colorado Badminton through outstanding, unselfish service by participating in Colorado Badminton as an officer, organizing and running state and local tournaments, developing and participating in youth and adult programs to foster new players, or participating in the USBA as an officer or regional representative.
1. Any member of the Colorado badminton community (player, competitor, coach, or contributor) can nominate a person for consideration by the HOF committee for induction into the CBHOF. The nominator must complete a nomination form that will detail reasons that the nominee should be considered for induction. The HOF committee may request additional documentation or conduct personal interviews in order to verify and/or gather information before voting on a nominee (see nomination form).
2. Nominations will be accepted at any time during the calendar year. The HOF committee will complete the evaluation and selection process by December 31. The HOF committee reserves the right to defer consideration until the following year if a nomination is received after September 30 of the current year. Selected nominees will be inducted at an annual tournament/banquet held in the spring of each year at the conclusion of the Colorado State Badminton Championship Tournament.
3. Nominees not chosen for induction in a given calendar year will be automatically reconsidered the next year. If not chosen for induction at that time, nominee will be removed from consideration unless re-nominated.
1. The HOF committee will consist of a minimum of 6-9 members. The Colorado State Badminton Association president will be a committee member. The remaining committee members will be volunteers from the Colorado Badminton community. The HOF committee will choose its members from the Colorado Badminton community. Each committee member counts as one vote
during the selection process. A nominee will be selected for induction if chosen by 2/3 of the HOF committee. A committee member will abstain from voting if nominated for induction.
2. HOF committee members will serve three year terms staggered. The goal is to bring in new committee members on a regular basis. Each year 1 or 2 new committee members will be solicited from the Colorado Badminton community. The HOF Chairperson has the authority to propose new committee members if no volunteers are received from the Colorado Badminton community. (This is a volunteer position that requires approximately 20-30 hours of time per year.) Ideally, the HOF committee will be comprised of a representative cross-section of older and younger members and various localities across the state.
3. The committee will choose a chairperson to run meetings and maintain general organization. The chairperson will solicit other committee members to organize the annual tournament/banquet, act as secretary, and any other assistance as needed.
4. The committee has the authority to change the aforementioned procedures and criteria by majority vote.